I am sure when you heard or just read the word reel; you are imaging a film reel or something like that. OR you must be imaging Scottish or Irish folk dance. Then let me tell you your first imagination was correct.
Spinning Reel Meaning
Now you must be imaging a film reel which spins or spin-able if you are then you are wrong. Spinning reel relates to fishing. A reel of the string is mounted on a rod which is called spinning rod. At the starting of the rod, a stationary spool is situated. At the same side of the rod a there is a metal arm that catches the line into a spool. There is also a handle on the rod at the back of the reel. When the handle is turned, the metal arm disengages and lures the string. That’s how a spinning reel works.
Parts of A Spinning Reel
- Front Drag
- Anti Twist Roller
- Bail Arm
- Reel Seat
- Reel Handle
- Support Arm
- Reverse Switch
- Spool Skirt
Spinning Reel Advantages
- Rounder handle and its flexibility are one of the reasons people choose spinning reels.
- You can cast many types of tackle including live baits, artificial lure with the help of spinning reel. You will have many variations.
- Spinning reels are specialized in or useful for light tackle and bait. As the rod only need to pull the weight of the fishing line. You also keep in mind that heavy lure is not for spinning reel.
- Spinning reels are very useful when you are fishing in a pond or low width lake. Because it’s string is made for that length and only to use in a shorter
- People who have just started fishing, a spinning reel is very helpful for them. It is basic tool of fisheries.
- The spinning reel is handy at the handle; you can swap between your both hands. Depends on which hand it fits perfectly. So there is no left handed or right handed issue with the spinning reel.
- One extreme great pleasure of using the best spinning reel is that you can simply focus your drag during the battle with a fish. Either the drag is at the beginning of the reel or the butt of the reel, spinning reel drags are frequently surely available and liberally managed, giving you full-range calibration throughout the battle. This is only to say not that baitcasting reels cannot be changed through the fight; it’s just that the drag position is right next to the handle and attempting to twist it while struggling a fish is a little more challenging to catch.
At the End
Fishing could be a hobby. Sometimes it is something more like passion.What I perceive from fishing are fun and enjoyment.So for fun and entertainment I would suggest you spinning reel rather than any other.From above, it’s no confusion spinning reel is still a standard in trawling today. I have used and will be using it many times with my friends, trust me it is the best what I think. Good luck and have fun.