As a young entrepreneur, your goal is to grow your business and establish a strong presence in your market field. In order to obtain this, you need to make your company known to people and transform them into your clients.
Getting clients is one of the vital first steps entrepreneurs have to do so as to remain in business. Only 10% of startups manage to survive and continue their road to success, while 90% fail. Therefore, your main focus should be to build efficient strategies to get clients, make sales and create great experiences for your customers. In this way, you maximize your chances of leaving a good impression and being recommended to other people.
How can you as a young entrepreneur get clients in order to grow your business? Here are 5 practical steps that you can follow and that can bring you successful results.
1. Take part in conferences appropriate to your business field
Conferences can offer you great business lessons. First of all, you have the chance to meet people from your business circle and address them questions about your company. Secondly, you find out information about the latest trends from your business field, efficient strategies, and latest technology.
- Search meetup.com
- Look for conferences and meetups happening in your area
- Attend events suitable to your business field
- Speak with key business people and address questions
- Exchange contact details with people you have met
2. Become member of a hub
In case you do not know what a hub is, it refers to a coworking space. With affordable membership subscriptions, you receive an office space and have the opportunity of meeting great people. Being a member of a hub community will offer you many advantages as a young entrepreneur. You can meet key people from your business circle, build business relationships and form business partnerships. Also, look at the hub as another place from where you can get new clients.
- Look for hubs in your area
- Choose a monthly subscription and become a member
- Make a regular weekly schedule for going to the hub
- Talk to other hub members about your business
- Get new clients by asking other members to recommend your business to other people
3. Use visual content marketing in all your channels of distribution
Marketing is a must when you are working on strategies to get new clients. As an entrepreneur, you have to be aware of the latest and most efficient methods that will help you achieve your business goals. Visual content marketing represents a useful tool that you need to integrate into your marketing strategy. Any content that contains suitable images has 94% more views than content without images. In addition, 51,9% of professional marketers from the world consider video as being the content with the best ROI.
- Use free stock photos websites: pexels.com, pixabay.com
- Hire a photographer or take pictures yourself
- Contact freelancers who offer design/video services
- Use visuals (at least one image) in all your content (social media, blog posts, sales brochures)
4. Use your LinkedIn contact list
Having a LinkedIn profile is another must as an entrepreneur. Being the top social networking website, it offers you the possibility to promote your business and get new clients. You can message people, announcing them that you have started your business and speaking to them about the services and products that you can provide.
- Visit LinkedIn.com
- Create a profile (in case you do not have one already)
- Add people you know to your connection list
- Contact people and speak to them about your business
5. Take advantage of Reddit
Reddit is a place where you can interact with people who work in the same business domain as you and where you can find new potential customers. As a social news aggregation website with 234 million unique users, you can interact with a wide variety of people. Moreover, you can find information related to your business on specific categories called subreddits.
- Visit reddit.com
- Create an account
- Search the subreddits you are interested in
- Comment on them to receive karma
- Interact with Reddit users
- Post links to your business websites
These 5 steps will help you in your strategy of getting new clients. However, as an entrepreneur, you must be able to identify clearly what strategies and tools are most useful in your case.
Each business requires specific approaches. Make sure that you as a business owner analyze what your company needs and apply suitable strategies for your business growth.
What are your methods of getting new clients? Share them with us in a comment below.