Are you always worried about your child’s oral health?
Let’s have a brief discussion!
Well, this is the basic concern every mother experience; children are fond of eating sweets, chocolates, and ice creams which increases the risk of cavities, and other dental problems in them.
They can have cavities, or be swelling in the gums; these issues come in packages and can only be taken care of when the child follow a proper routine.
So, if you make them follow a basic dental care routine, then you don’t have to worry about their oral health. Basic dental cares include flossing and brushing the teeth regularly; visit the dentist for regular checkups so that you are updated with your kid’s oral health. Choose the food, like – whole grains, vegetables and fruits, and dairy products and avoid junk food for a healthy mind.
Why Is Basic Dental Care Important?
Dental care is important for every person in the world, but kids are more prone to damage as they don’t much attention to their teeth. Following a basic dental care is important because:
- Prevents tooth decay
- Prevents gum disease that damage gum tissue and bones that support teeth
- Fewer trips to dentist which will be pleasant
- Helps in saving money of fillings and other costly procedures
- Prevents bad breath
- Keep the teeth white by preventing the staining from food and drinks
- Improves overall health
Ways to Avoid Dental Problems
Keeping teeth and gums healthy of kids will require a lot of care, good nutrition, and regular brushing and flossing. Some ways, which can be used to avoid dental issues in kids, are:
- Make them brush their teeth twice a day – morning and before bed; also, make them floss once a day to remove plaque, which can damage their teeth, gums, and surrounding bones.
- Choose toothpaste, which has fluoride in it; it will help in preventing decay and cavities. Look for toothpaste and mouthwash that have been approved by American Dental Association.
- Though children love sugary food, make sure you limit its consumption.
- Practice tongue cleaning; opt for a tongue cleaner or a soft-bristle toothbrush, stroking in a back-to-front direction.
- Make sure you take your kids to the dentist for regular check-ups to avoid any damage to teeth in near future.
When your child is about 6 months of age, the doctor can detect the likelihood of your child having future dental issues. So, make sure you visit the dentist regularly for checkups of upcoming dental problems. Use best dental products for your child; you can buy Dental materials and equipment in UAE, which are easily accessible online and you have the variety of options to choose from.
Experts recommend the child should start visiting dentist within 6 months after the first teeth or at 12 months of age. If your baby faces any dental issues, then it is recommended to see your pediatric dentist as soon as possible. This will ensure the early detection of any issues, which can become serious, if not taken care of early.
Photo by lynnefeatherstone